Tuesday, October 29, 2013

How I FIP My Classroom: Google Forms

I got a message shortly after receiving my license to FIP my classroom. A new module series from Battelle for Kids – Ohio. As more and more of the buzz words/phrases centered on FIP I decided to take a look at my own practice and determine how I incorporate these techniques. I watch a very good module on FIP at http://portal.battelleforkids.org/FIPOhio/. You can create a login and complete professional development courses online.

So…to the point. FIP (Formative instructional practices)is something good teachers are already doing. FIP is part of OTES. i.e. The teacher uses assessment data to identify students’ strengths and needs and modifies and differentiates instruction accordingly, as well as examines classroom assessment results to reveal trends and patterns in individual and group progress and to anticipate learning obstacles.

Two huge things I do to inform my instruction are journal entries and fill-in-the-blank questions. Quick questions that can be delivered via a Google form.

FIP with Google

1) In Google select Drive












2) Then select create -> form












3) Select a form.











4) Type a question







5) Choose a question type -> Select done











6) Then send form and copy the link.











7) Select Done (again).

Paste your link on your class webpage for students to select and answer. Paste the link in a Word document to be shared on the computers. Paste the link into the browser of your classroom computers and have students take turns answering…or during computer lab time have them all answer at the same time.
Teacher Options:
You can choose to send responses to a spreadsheet or keep them in the form, then you can view responses from each student. Add a name field so you know who it belongs to OR have them sign-in and collect their username when they submit the form.

Watch the video of the process. (coming soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment